Department: School of Philadelphia Ballet
Position: Part-Time School Children’s Program Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Regular Part-Time
Reports to: School Director/Principal
Date: October 2021
The School of Philadelphia Ballet is seeking a part-time Children’s Program Coordinator (CPC) to serve as an ambassador for SPB, ensuring positive communication and interaction with all students, parents, teachers, and all other stakeholders. The CPC will fulfill their role as point of contact with SPB’s Children’s Program students and parents by positively implementing curriculum and marketing the school and its programs by following the school curriculum with consistency and enthusiasm, demonstrating a concern for all students without favoritism, and providing the highest quality and level of professional training while nurturing the love and appreciation of this art form. A successful faculty member will contribute to building a culture of belonging through Philadelphia Ballet’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility efforts.
- Teach assigned classes consistent with designed curriculum, specifically in the Children’s and/or first 3 levels of Student Program for students ages 3-12, and/or the Adult Program for students ages 16+.
- Class preparation and consistent communication with School and Philadelphia Ballet staff.
- Stage, choreograph, or rehearse assigned repertoire for student presentations/performances as needed and assigned.
- Prepare mid-year and year-end leveling evaluations.
- Attend all faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain positive relations with parents and students from all SPB programs, through email, phone, parent/teacher conferences, and other in-person/zoom communications.
- Market research to aid in building the Children’s Program
- Develop marketing proposals for Children’s Program
- Be an integral part in developing and maintaining relationships and collaborations with outside organizations relating to the Children's Program
- Manage all events/workshops relating to the Children’s Program.
- Be available to teach independently at off-site locations.
- Be available for student/parent conferences when needed.
- Take appropriate steps to promote and enforce safe practices within each area of responsibility in accordance with Philadelphia Ballet policies and protocols.
- Perform all other duties appropriate to part-time faculty as requested.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate well with others across all functional areas
- Minimum of five years of experience teaching classical ballet technique.
- Previous career as a professional dancer considered a strong plus.
- Sensitivity and a caring attitude toward children with a strong interest in understanding how children learn and helping them love the art of ballet.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, punctuality, and good work ethic.
- Strong administrative skills necessary to support scheduling and communication with families.
- Must be available to teach weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the Zoom platform and Microsoft Office products
Work Authorization/Security Clearance –Must pass criminal and child abuse background checks
The Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are deeply committed to cultivating and sustaining an organization that is equitable, fair, and inclusive in artistic expression and organizational behavior, policy, and practice. We embrace multicultural diversity both on and off stage and strive to be an organization where all communities feel a sense of belonging. We hold each other and ourselves accountable to these intentions every day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.